The North Shore celebrates the Fourth of July like no other! Some prefer the classic parade weaving through downtown Winnetka, others like to queue up the lawn chairs on Central Street to reserve the best view of Evanston’s lively parade. Whether you prefer your fireworks on the 3rd, the 4th (or both) or over Lake Michigan or in Battery Park, we’ve got you covered. Check out the Independence Day celebration schedules for Evanston, Glenview, Wilmette and Winnetka below. Happy Fourth!
Sunday, July 3
- Wilmette, Independence Day Festival, starting at 4 pm. Gilson Park. Rides, games, food and entertainment (Jesse White Tumblers – 7pm)
- Wilmette, Fireworks at Lake Michigan, The Pier and Wilmette Harbor, 9:30 pm
Monday, July 4
- Glenview, Parade, 11:15 am, kicks off at Harlem & Glenview.
- Winnetka, Parade, 10:00 am, kicks off at Elm & Glendale, proceeding to Village Green
- Evanston, Parade, 2:00 pm, kicks off at Central Park Ave East & Central, proceeding to Ashland (lawn chairs permitted beginning at 6 am on July 1)
- Winnetka, Fourthfest, 4:00 pm, Duke Childs Field. Games, food and entertainment (Jesse White Tumblers – 8 pm)
- Glenview, Celebration, 5:00 pm, Gallery Park. Games, food, entertainment
- Evanston, Lakefront Concert, 7:30 pm, Lakefront
- Evanston, Fireworks, Dusk, Lakefront
- Glenview, Fireworks, 9:00 pm, Gallery Park
- Winnetka, Fireworks, 9:20 pm, Duke Childs Field
Tune into FM 90.5 for music accompaniment to the evening fireworks on July 4.